Head Start building evacuated after gas leak

BEMIDJI — A gas leak prompted leaders at a Bemidji preschool to evacuate the building on Wednesday morning.

Someone at the Bi-County Community Action Programs’ (Bi-CAP) Head Start Center on Conifer Avenue Northwest smelled gas outside the building while parents were dropping off their students there. Bi-CAP staff enacted their “crisis response” plan and evacuated the building, which meant parents who hadn’t already shown up were asked to keep their students home, others were turned away at the door, and about 50-60 more students were stashed on buses while they waited to be picked back up.

View Full Article